The Kennedy-King Memorial Scholarship Fund also offers one-year graduate scholarships in the amount of $5,000 each to pursue a graduate degree. To apply and be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Have been a previous recipient of an undergraduate Kennedy-King scholarship.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Complete and submit the application with required attachments, including:
- Transcripts of all your college level academic work,
- An essay outlining your career goals and why you believe you are deserving of a Kennedy-King graduate scholarship, and
- Two completed Personal Reference Forms — one from a college or university professor, and another from an individual who is familiar with your interests and achievements (not a family member).
- You must be accepted and enrolled in an academically accredited graduate program leading to a graduate degree. You can apply in subsequent years for additional grants if needed to complete your degree program.
To complete your Kennedy-King scholarship application, former Kennedy-King scholars will need to download these documents:
- Letter & Instructions: The letter from the Selection Committee sets forth the qualifications students must meet to be eligible to apply for a Kennedy-King scholarship. The instructions provide the information needed to complete the application.
- Application: This is the application students must complete.
- Personal Reference Form: This form will be used by the student’s two references to express their views on the suitability of the student for a Kennedy-King scholarship. (You will need three of these).